With the end of summer looming uncomfortably close, I thought today would be the perfect time to encourage you to indulge in a light, summery dessert. From the name, one might think it would be heavy but it’s not! Mommy Janks has made this a few times this summer and it always gets rave reviews.
Blueberry Sour Cream Cake
What you need:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream (1/2 pint)
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups fresh blueberries rinsed, drained and floured
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- greased 9 x 13 x 2 inch baking pan
- preheated oven 350 degrees
- confectioners’ sugar (optional)
- In a bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy. Beat in sugar. Beat in eggs, one at a time – beating until smooth after each addition. Stir in sour cream. Stir in flour, baking soda, salt and vanilla. Beat until smooth/well blended. Fold in blueberries. Spread half of batter into a greased 9 x 13 x 2 inch baking pan.
- In a bowl, mix brown sugar, nuts and cinnamon Sprinkle mixture evenly over top of batter in pan. Spread remaining blueberry batter over top.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 40 – 45 minutes. Cool in pan and cut into squares to serve. Serve sprinkled with confectioners’ sugar….
Like this recipe? Check out other tasty concoctions on my Recipes page.