As I mentioned yesterday, I purchased my first pair of fall boots. This, plus the cooler temperatures (80s instead of 100s) got be to thinking about why I like and dislike the fall.
- Temperature. You can’t beat the crisp air, cool mornings with warm afternoons and an excuse to wear skirt and boots. (Rant: ladies, it is NOT appropriate to wear winter boots with summer skirts. EVER.)
- Football. Being a Penn Stater, this is a given. Pro football comes in a very close second. Truth: You haven’t lived until you’ve been to Happy Valley on a football Saturday.
- Back to School. As much as I love having a relaxed summer schedule, I truly look forward to the days the boys come back. They bring an energy and life to the school that is certainly lacking during the summers and holidays.
- Fall Weddings. The JA and I have a total of four between us so far in September and October. Fall is obviously turning into the new summer for wedding season. And I’m okay with that.
- Birthday/Anniversary season. My birthday and our anniversary are in November. Fall signifies that present season is quickly approaching!
- It’s one season closer to winter. Snow and cold temperatures are not my friends. Even if it does mean snow days.
- Reunions. Working in the Development Office, we handle all the alumni reunions for the school. While it’s not too much of a hassle, having to spend practically every Saturday night at a reunion gets old pretty quick.
- Scheduling. With all that we have going on scheduling in the fall becomes a beast. Social life, what’s that?
- Back to School. With the kids being back, it means summer schedule is no more. It’s the hardest thing in the world going from getting off work at 2 p.m. to getting off work at 4 p.m. Especially when the rest of school (teachers included) dismiss at 2:30 p.m. UGH. Plus, this means professional dress – heels and skirts are so cumbersome after spending the summer in flip flops and shorts.
I think that pretty much covers it. What do you like best/least about fall?