Yesterday, I talked about kicking a$$. Today, I’m talking about kicking AS. This summer, I had the great opportunity to meet the JA’s “big sister” from college. Meghan, who blogs over at A Klasic Commotion, was just as fun (and a bit intimidating) as I expected. We had a great night and I’m so thankful that we got to meet and hang out.
Meghan was recently diagnosed with ankylosing spondylitis. She is not letting her diagnosis stop her from taking the world by storm. Follow her for updates on her everyday challenges and triumphs while she learns to manage her AS. Or just for pictures of her absolutely adorable pup, Franklin.
But enough gushing about Meghan. The reason why I’m writing this is because she listed me at the top of her Liebster Awardee list.
Here’s the deal:
A Liebster is: “sweetheart, beloved person, darling adj. dear, darling; beloved, liked very much; affectionate, loving adj. favorite, preferred above others; liked or loved above others.”
1. Thank the person who gave you the award.
2. Link back to the Blogger (or Bloggers) who awarded you.
3. Answer the following questions, down below.
4. Pass the award out and recognize other Bloggers letting them know that you love them.
Meghan, you are an inspiration to those fighting a chronic disease. I love how you’re taking charge of your life and kicking AS! Thanks for thinking of me in your nomination process.
Now for the questions:
- Favorite color: I have two. Dark Purple and Hot Pink. Swoon.
- Favorite animal: I’m going to have to go with piglets. For some reason I’ve always had a soft spot for little oinkers.
- Favorite number: 7. My birthday’s on the seventh.
- Favorite drink: Peppermint Mocha. Wild Sweet Orange Tea. Captain and Diet.
- Facebook or Twitter? Facebook. Twitter is more of a work thing for me.
- Passion? Oooh, this is a tough one. I love a good movie, music rocks my socks and public relations, marketing and branding bring out my inner nerd. Oh, and reading. Books have been a staple in my life since childhood.
- Getting or giving presents? Getting. I’m not even going to pretend on this one. Giving presents is stressful for me unless it’s absolutely perfect.
- Favorite day: So far, 11-1-11. As me again at the end of the year and it will most likely be our wedding date.
- Favorite flower: Peach roses. The ones that open up to be massive.
The rules are unclear on how many folks get to receive this award, so I’m just going to hand it out to a few of my faves (in no particular order):
Nick from Caputo’s Corner. While Nick can be a bit verbose, he’s very good at explaining all things science and football. I’ve learned a lot from him in the time we’ve been friends and continue to do so through his blog.
Jenny over at LoveEatRun. Jenny and I have known each other since kindergarten and went through school together until college. We lost touch for a long while, but reconnected through the blogosphere. She’s got some great workouts and recipes while also telling readers about what’s going on in her life.
Celia, who writes Looking Lovely. Not only does she get to travel to fantastic places, but she’s crafty. A true inspiration to me, I’ve enjoyed getting to know her these past few years and will be sad to see her and her husband leave Baltimore.
Anne at rileduprunner. While I don’t run, this girl’s posts have just enough humor to make a someone like me want to give it a try. She’s new to the blogosphere, so let’s show her some love!
Those are some the people whose blogs are always at the top of my ‘must-read’ list. I think they should be on yours, too.