In life, there are things you love and things that you love to hate. In honor of Valentine’s Day, here are some of my top movies to love (feel free to disagree!):
1. The Princess Bride. If you have not seen this, drop everything, take a sick day and watch this sucker. You won’t regret it.
2. Say Anything. As a child of the 80s, nothing is cooler than Lloyd Dobbler standing outside your window with a boombox…
3. Sixteen Candles…unless it’s Jake Ryan showing up at your doorstep.
4. When Harry Met Sally. Ah, the ‘date night’ movie. Man enough for the guys but rom com enough for the girls. I watched this with the JA and he patted me on the shoulder when Meg Ryan starts lamenting the fact that she’ll be 30…in three years (it’s only two for me…EEK!)
5. 10 Things I Hate About You. Heath Ledger sings. I don’t want to spoil it, but you’ve been patient, so click below for the goods.
6. The Holiday. Again, another ‘chick flick’ that won’t get a guys man card completely revoked. Ladies, Jude Law in glasses. Yum. If that’s not your cup of tea, Jack Black is sure to hit your funny bone once or twice during the course of the movie.
7. Love Actually. Two of my co-workers have yet to see this movie. I keep telling them they have not lived. (See directions in #1 if you are like them.) Also, one may think that it’s a holiday-time only movie, but that’s false. It’s a love movie and love movies are good year-round.
8. Runaway Bride. While Pretty Woman was good, Runaway Bride revisits one of my favorite pairs in a more modern-day scenario.
Obviously, these are only some of the many movies to love (or love to hate!).
What’s your favorite movie to watch on a date night?