One of my most popular recipes on the blog is Old Bay Chicken Salad. While easy to prepare that way, this weekend we were in the mood for something with a bit more of the flavor inherently in the dish rather than just in the topping. Thus, the Old Bay Chicken Salad was remixed.
2 split chicken breasts (but any chicken will do)
Old Bay seasoning
Mayo (I use Kraft’s Olive Oil Mayonnaise)
1. Combine 1/3 c. water, 2 tbsp. oil and 2 tbsp. vinegar in a large plastic bag.
2. Place chicken breasts in bag and let marinate for 30 min.
3. Bake chicken at 400 degrees for 40 minutes.
4. Remove chicken from bones.
5. Slice chicken in bite-size pieces and place in medium bowl.
6. Add 3 stalks of sliced celery and 2 tbsp. of mayo.
7. Mix well.
8. Add in additional Old Bay (I used 6 dashes) and paprika (4 dashes) to taste.
One recipe – two different ways to prepare. By preparing it this way, you can even make the chicken as a meal to itself and use leftovers for the recipe.