As many baseball teams hold Opening Days this week, grilling season unofficially begins. The JA and I found this recipe that has since become a staple when our weeks get hectic. Whether in the stove or on the grill, these BBQ Shrimp Kabobs make for a delicious, healthy meal that takes minimal time.
BBQ Shrimp Kabobs (makes 6-8 kabobs)
1 med pepper (sliced into squares, microwaved for softness)
1 pint grape tomatoes
1 can pineapple cubes or 2 cups fresh
1/4 c. BBQ sauce
1/2 lb. pre-cooked shrimp
1. Arrange shrimp, onion, pepper and pineapple on kabobs.
2. For stove, place kabobs on foil lined baking sheet.
3. If needed, heat BBQ sauce in microwave for about 15-20 seconds to thin it out.
4. Brush BBQ sauce onto each side of kabob.
5. For stove, heat for 13 minutes at 350 degrees. On the grill, cook kabobs for a few minutes on each side.