Yup. Jumped on the Five Things for Friday bandwagon. For those who aren’t familiar, these five things are a glimpse into my week as well as a few things I’m anticipating. Don’t hate. Participate 🙂
1. Food this week. With our plethora of leftover corn, the JA and I have been experimenting more than usual in the kitchen. Monday and Wednesday were old standbys (chicken and corn on Monday and fish tacos with corn on Wednesday), but Tuesday and Thursday we tried a quinoa & corn salad and a tomato & fresh corn quiche. Both were delicious and it’s certainly rekindled my goal to cook more.
2. Long weekends. We’re lucky enough to have today and Monday ‘off’ from work. Notice off is in quotes, because, well, both of us are going into the office today. The start of the school year is always a crazy time. This year was no different, and we plan on using today to catch up in order to truly enjoy the rest of our weekend.
3. Football. It’s crazy to me that college football starts tomorrow and pro football kicks off this week. (See what I did there? Oh yeah. So punny.) Where does the time go?
4. New Gear. Speaking of time, I broke down and got a GPS watch for running. I’d been on the fence about purchasing one due to the high cost, but when Holabird Sports had one for a daily deal I couldn’t resist. I tried it out yesterday, but want to get a few more runs in before writing a review.
5. Time with friends. Tonight, I’m going to visit Momma Loosh and my godson. Tomorrow, we’re having friends over. Sunday, I’m shopping with Mommy Janks. Monday, we’re having a cookout. There’s enough time between activities that it’ll still be relaxing but filled enough to feel productive.
Your turn! What are five things that you’re excited about this week?
If you participate in Five for Friday, feel free to post a link in the comments. I’m always on the lookout for new blogs!