It’s no secret that I love my Barre Fusion classes. I danced through elementary and high school – participating in ballet, modern, pointe, and jazz classes at the end – and was so happy when I realized that ballet-inspired classes were becoming available.
In honor of my first exercise love, here’s a ballet inspired leg & booty burner!
A few notes:
– Toe taps/pulses can be performed all at once (10 front, 10 side, 10 back) or as single reps (1 front, 1 side, 1 back – 10 times).
– Stand tall and remember to keep your pelvis tucked under to maximize the contraction in your glute.
– Use the plies as an active rest time, but keep your form! (For a video how-to on plies, click here.)
– Leg circles (also known as ronde de jambes, or rounding of the leg) should be performed in the same front-side-back motion as the toe-taps. For a video how-to, click here.
– Be aware of your hips – especially when taking your leg off the ground! Leg extension on toe-touches/pulses should come from the hip and leg circles should work your hip joint really well.
– Don’t be afraid to stabilize. Use a body bar, chair, table, mantle, couch, large stick, etc. to help keep you steady.
Disclaimer: I am not a personal trainer or fitness professional, just a gal who likes to exercise. Consult with a doctor before beginning any exercise routine. If anything hurts (in a bad way), STOP.