Brr. It’s a bit chilly here in Baltimore today. What better way to beat the winter blues than warm up with a workout?
– Squats: Keep knees over toes & butt back. we want to work those glutes & quads!
– Lunges: Again, knees over toes. We’re aiming for a 90 degree bend on that front leg.
– Bent knee raises: Toes pointed, raise & lower knee to front and side.
– Standing donkey kick: Toes up to sky, 90 degree angle with knee, kick up
– Standing fire hydrant: Knee bent & facing front, leg raised to be in line with knee. Move this shape up and down.
Don’t forget to stretch afterward!
Disclaimer: I am not a personal trainer or fitness professional, just a gal who likes to exercise. Consult with a doctor before beginning any exercise routine. If anything hurts (in a bad way), stop.